2023 PTO Today’s #PTOlife Shop Sweepstakes | Official Rules
2023 PTO Today’s #PTOlife Shop Volunteer Appreciation Sweepstakes| Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ONLINE ACCESS REQUIRED.
Co-Sponsors: The Co-Sponsors of the 2023 PTO Today’s #PTOlife Shop Volunteer Appreciation Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") are School Family Media LLC, the owner and operator of PTOToday.com, with offices located at 100 Stonewall Blvd., Suite 3, Wrentham MA 02093 ("SFM"), and Booster Enterprises Inc. with offices located at 5300 Triangle Parkway, Peachtree Corners GA 30092 (“Booster”, and together with SFM, the “Co-Sponsors”). SFM will administer and manage the Sweepstakes on behalf of the Co-Sponsors. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Tik Tok, Instagram or Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to SFM, and not to Twitter, Tik Tok, Instagram or Facebook.
- Sweepstakes Dates: The Sweepstakes begins February 27, 2023, at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time and ends on March 20, 2023, at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time ("Sweepstakes Period"). Co-Sponsors' computers are the official entry submission portal and time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: Subject to the additional restrictions and conditions in these Official Rules (the “Official Rules"), the Sweepstakes is only open to PTOToday.com website users who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and are at least 18 years or older at the time of entry. Each Sweepstakes entrant (an “Entrant”) is entering the Sweepstakes on behalf of his/her school as provided upon entry (the “Designated School”) by the Entrant, and all prizes awarded as part of the Sweepstakes will be for the Entrant and either emailed to the Entrant’s email address provided or shipped to the Designated School’s address for the attention of the Entrant. Employees of either Co-Sponsor or any of their respective affiliated entities, and the immediate family members of such employees, and any persons domiciled with any such persons, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Participation: Participation constitutes Entrant’s unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Co-Sponsors decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. The Co-Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, prize suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, "Affiliates") are not liable for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer or its contents relating to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials concerning this Sweepstakes, or from other technical difficulties, failures, or other errors of any kind. The Co-Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by the Co-Sponsors. In the event that the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Co-Sponsors which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, the Co-Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Co-Sponsors reserves the right to award prize based on the non-suspect, eligible entries received before the termination date.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SFM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, PTOToday.com website users can enter for a chance to win the prize by requesting more information from PTO Today and Booster via the registration process on https://www.ptolifeshop.ptotoday.com/pages/ptolife-shop-volunteer-appreciation-week-sweepstakes. By requesting more information, Entrants are granting SFM and Booster the right to email, or mail Entrant at the email address, and school address provided upon entry. Registration is free. No purchase or pledge is required to enter. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules.
- Prize and Odds: One (1) Entrant will win a Volunteer Appreciation Week Prize Package that includes five (5) Chaos Coordinator T-shirts and five (5) Cheers to Volunteers tumblers (the “Prize"). The approximate retail value of the Sweepstakes prize is $150.00. The Prize will be sent to the one (1) winning Entrant ( “Winner”) by April 10, 2023.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depends on the number of eligible entries received and the timing of an Entrant’s entry. Prize is nontransferable, nonexchangeable, and has no cash value. There are no cash substitutions. If a prize becomes unavailable, or at Co-Sponsors’ sole discretion, the Co-Sponsors may award substitute prizes of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at the Co-Sponsors sole discretion. Limit one prize per Winner. Prizes will only be provided to a Winner with the Winner’s consent. In the event a Winner does not consent to receive a prize, an alternate Winner will be selected.
- Winners Drawing, Notification, and Acceptance: The one (1) Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing to be held by March 22, 2023. The Winner will be contacted during SFM's regular business hours at the applicable email addresses associated with the information that the Entrant provided at time of entry. Failure to reach a Winner by email after three (3) attempts may result in the disqualification of that Winner and forfeiture of the Winner’s interest in the prize. SFM will, at its sole and absolute discretion, be free to select an alternate Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. A Winner may waive its right to receive a prize.
Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any and all taxes on prize received, if applicable. Winner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity and Prize Release ("Affidavit") (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned as directed by SFM in order to claim the prize. Failure to complete, sign, and return the Affidavit or to comply with any term or condition of these Sweepstakes Rules will result in a Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of its interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to an alternate Winner. If a prize is not won and claimed by the eligible Winner in accordance with these Official Rules, it will not be awarded and will remain the property of the Co-Sponsors. The decisions of the Co-Sponsors regarding the selection of Winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Limitations on Entry: Entries are limited to one entry per Entrant; All entries must be fully and accurately completed. Use of any automated system to participate in the Sweepstakes or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
The Co-Sponsors and their respective Affiliates are not responsible for incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, delayed, or stolen entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with sender or a Co-Sponsor or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of a dispute of who submitted an online entry, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by SFM at its sole discretion, and SFM reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of SFM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Release of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant, and its Designated School: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SFM, whose decisions shall be final and binding; and (b) agree to release and hold harmless each Co-Sponsor and their respective Affiliates from and against any and all claims, suits, causes of action, or other proceedings of any kind for losses, costs, damages, or other liabilities of any kind arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and/or their acceptance and/or use of any Sweepstakes prize, including, without limitation, due to personal injury, death, and/or property damage; claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s consent to the Co-Sponsors' and their Affiliates' use of Entrant's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state of residence for any commercial or promotional purpose in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification, or permission.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MASSACHUSETTS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- Winners’ Name: Name of Winner and, if applicable, their Designated School, once confirmation is complete, may be posted on the PTOToday.com website. To obtain a list of the winning Entrant and their Designated School, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 31, 2023 with the Official Sweepstakes name written on the envelope, to: PTOToday c/o School Family Media LLC, 100 Stonewall Blvd., Suite 3, Wrentham MA 02093.